The Lesson of Nuts.
Through out the forest floor were little holes dug in the carpet of pine needles.
As a student of tracking & a lover of creation I was drawn.
You never know what you'll find when plugged into creation and I always have my eyes open for signs of life, messages left by the animals we share this world with.
These landscape dimples were like pockets, dark and contained within fairly neat edges not much larger than an egg.
This is when tracking meets common sense, sit spot is the proper name but really it's about having enough respect for creation to be quiet and wait the reward will come.
Something scratching just ahead. A flash of grey in the pine carpet, then darted across the worn trail. A bushy tail exploded with excitement. Wide eyes and plump cheeks told the rest of the story.
It was a squirrel harvesting his stash of nuts.
How did he know where each nut lay? Certainly, he stored these life-sustaining treats for the long winter ahead.
Today many of us in the Body of Christ have been on a roller-coaster ride of a life.
Life is always filled with ups and downs that's a guarantee but anybody out there think it's been extreme lately?
Yeah not just me, right?
There's a whole lot of testing going on and a whole lot of lessons being learned.
Im a visual learner, for me to really understand and take something in, I need to see it played out in front of me, that's why my love of creation has helped develop my love for the CreatorGod, I get to see His will His plan & His purpose in His creation!
I'm learning a lesson of nuts.
I'm learning to stash scriptures in my heart and mind so that when the days of reckoning come
(and the days of wrecking) I'm prepared.
It's like the possoum mentality that so many outdoors men talk of, gathering as you go!
I know where they're hid and I'm disciplining myself to fetch them long before the storm hits.
Some of my favourite hiding places are:
Psalm 91:1-2
"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust."
Revelation 14:7
He said in a loud voice, ‘Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.’
Isaiah 30:21
"Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, 'This is the way, walk in it,' whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left."
Romans 8:38-39
"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which in in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:31
"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"
Psalm 138:2
I bow before your holy Temple as I worship. I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness; for your promises are backed by all the honor of your name.
The squirrel raced up a tree to enjoy it's treasure that it had put away for a time such as this. Safe. Secure. Well fed.
Look to creation, store your nuts for the times of hardship & storms!

No comments:
Post a Comment